Just because yoghurt has been around in some form or another since 5 000 BC, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a modern twist on a classic. With these super simple ideas, you can make the most of summer and live your best life, and they’re Instagram-worthy too!
1. Doughnut miss out
Granadilla Yogi Sip doughnuts
By E.G. Mashuda Tailor – Student Chef
500g self-rising flour
250 ml granadilla Yogi Sip
- Add the butter to the flour until it forms a bread-crumb like texture.
- Add the Yogi Sip to make a soft dough.
- Knead well.
- Roll on a floured surface and cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Fry in medium oil till golden brown.
- Top with icing sugar frosting
2. Pretty popsicles
This is a winner when you’re hosting and time isn’t on your side. They take minutes to make and you can keep them in the freezer until you’re ready to show off! The possibilities are literally endless. Try a few of these combinations:
- The Basilberry: Add chopped fresh strawberries, banana, and basil to strawberry drinking yoghurt.
- The Tropicana: Add mango and coconut shavings to banana drinking yoghurt.
- The Nigela: Add cocoa powder and chopped nuts to choc chip drinking yoghurt.
- These are great alternatives to ice cream and easy enough for kids to help you make.
- Let them freeze for 5 hours before serving for the best results.
- Add a little jelly powder for extra flavour and firmness if you’re in a hurry.
3. Food for thought
If part of your hustle is taking care of the little people in life, here’s a great-tasting, safe, sensory activity that stimulates developing minds. Add a little food colouring to a small amount of drinking yoghurt and you have yourself some edible paint that’s easy to use on spare craft paper. Draw a few shapes and let them fill in the gaps.
4. Not your Grandma’s Christmas trifle
No more soggy biscuits and layered desserts that end up looking more ghoulish than delish. Here’s one that incorporates some usual suspects!
- Use jars or glasses for individual servings.
- Break up chocolate brownies into the base of the cup.
- Create a mousse by combining strawberry drinking yoghurt and strawberry instant pudding to thicken (use about half the amount you would when making it with milk).
- Add a layer of drinking yoghurt mousse.
- Sprinkle some fresh berries.
- Repeat steps twice.
- Put it in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve – et voilà!
5. Is it time to party yet?
Yogtails are a thing! Add some style to your festive dinners and slow lunches this holiday by serving delicious drinks that are right on trend. Rich flavours like Amaretto, Kahlua, and Strawberry and Chocolate Liqueur pair beautifully with your favourite drinking yoghurt. Shake it up with tons of ice and serve in a beautiful glass.
Top tip: For the kids, skip the booze and add a little style by serving decanted drinking yoghurt in glass bottles and paper straws.
You don’t even have to do anything to reinvent this classic, drinking yoghurt. Yogi Sip have created two new fusion flavours that are light and bright, with a hint of cooling menthol: coco-pine or mixed-berry flavour.
They’ve also fortified their recipe with an extra source of calcium that’s good for the bones, heart, muscles and nerves, plus a mix of vitamin B that not only helps build the immune system but helps break down food into energy too. It’s a great on-the-go, convenient refresher for anyone with a busy lifestyle.