Pregnancy can be a truly exciting journey, particularly once you know the gender of your little one. This is when many of the exciting preparations begin such as decorating the nursery and choosing a name. Naming your little one is one of the first important decisions you will make as a parent. This name will be with them for the rest of their lives and plays a key role in your child’s identity.
There is no right or wrong way to choose a name for your baby. The key is to simply choose a name that you love and that will make you (and your child one day) proud. If you’re expecting a baby boy, there are a few places that you may wish to look for a little inspiration.
Baby boy names from movies
Sometimes the personalities of characters in certain movies can capture us. If there is a character in a certain movie with qualities that you like, you may wish to use their name.
- Noah: This character was the male lead in the romance movie, The Notebook, and has since become one of the most lovable characters in the history of Hollywood. Noah was a humble man and doting husband. He was loyal, faithful and has a strong relationship with his family and friends.
- Jack: Jack Dawson from Titanic was an artist. He was a creative and playful, witty and optimistic character who was eager to make each day count.
- Elliott: Elliot was the main character who befriended an alien in the blockbuster movie E.T. Elliot can be described as an incredibly compassionate character who is loyal to his friends.
Popular boy names
You may choose to look at popular names for the year in which your son is born. The five most popular boys’ names for 2019 are:
“Naming your little one is one of the first important decisions you will make as a parent.”
Many people like to go the regal route and look to the British royal family for inspiration when it comes to naming their babies. The royal family select names that are strong, classic and elegant. The most popular royal names for boys are as follows:
- William: This is a classic that has stood the test of time. Many parents view this name as the perfect balance between conservative and contemporary.
- Phillip: A masculine and traditional name, Prince Phillip had an appreciation of nature and was the first president of the World Wildlife Fund (known today as the World Wide Fund for Nature). This international non-governmental organisation was founded in 1961, working in the field of wilderness preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment.
- Charles: Prince Charles is the eldest child of Queen Elizabeth II and is first in line to the British throne. A charitable man, Prince Charles has established several charitable organisations and serves as president of each. He uses his tours of Canada as a means to help draw attention to youth, the disabled, the environment, the arts, medicine, the elderly, heritage conservation and education.
- Harry: Prince Harry seems to have inherited the same “down-to-earth” attitude of his mother, Princess Diana. He has earned a reputation for his caring and compassionate approach to meeting members of the public.
The royal name making headlines: Archie
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have recently made headlines with the birth of their son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. While the name is most certainly not one of the traditional “go-to” British boy’s names, public opinion seems to be relatively positive! With the release of the new Netflix series, Riverdale, along with Meghan and Prince Harry’s choice of name, the Internet is clearly experiencing comic book fever!
Netflix Canada has since tweeted: “Archie, Earl of Riverdale”
Archie Comics recent tweet: “I’m baby”
Naming a baby is most certainly one of life’s biggest and most exciting decisions, and while scanning a name dictionary may work for some, others seek inspiration from other areas. There are countless places where inspiration can be found and these are only but a few!
Reading Time: 2 minutesWith over 250 different job titles on her CV, the Barbie brand purpose has always been to inspire the limitless potential in every …