We get it. You’re time-strapped, probably tired and, if you’re a new mom, you might not have all the time in the world to do your hair and make-up (honestly, sometimes showering doesn’t even get ticked off the list).
We also know how good some self-care feels, which is why we have some tips to get you looking and feeling like you’ve slept for more than four hours.
- Cover up! A good concealer can hide those dark undereye circles, and add instant radiance (and the appearance that you’re not sleep deprived!). You should try to find a concealer that’s a shade lighter than your regular foundation. Even better – go to a make-up counter and get matched with the right shade.
- Brighten. To give the appearance of “wide-awake” eyes, apply a white or nude-coloured pencil to the inner rim of your eyes.
- Lash up. An eyelash curler will add instant va-va-voom to your lashes, making you appear more awake. Add some mascara for a quick, wide-awake look.
- Brush some blush. A pale and lack-lustre complexion screams exhaustion and can make you look sickly too, so if you use one thing, then choose blush. The most popular application for a natural glow is to swirl a small dab of colour onto the apples of your cheeks, and buff it out in circular motions. If you’re too heavy-handed, take your foundation brush or sponge and dab it on to conceal a bit of the colour.
- Mask it. A quick mask can give you a glow, and take your skin from looking dry to dewy. There are great 15-minute hydrating masks that you can easily apply, then lift off, with little fuss. Garnier and Neutrogena have some great and affordable masks.
- Pay lip service. Applying a bold lip or lip stain is a fantastic confidence and mood booster. You don’t need to go bright if it’s not within your comfort zone (though sometimes the best lip colours are found right there) – even a nude colour or gloss can lift your mood and appearance.
- Undereye care. You won’t be able to permanently get rid of dark circles and fine lines with an eye cream, but it can minimise their appearance, and make your eye area look refreshed. An eye cream with hyaluronic acid is very moisturising, and is brilliant for the delicate eye area.
Reading Time: 3 minutesEmbracing the notion that “local is lekker,” we’ve curated a comprehensive list of remarkable clothing brands for children originating from our beautiful …