BYY have found that these high Protein Peanut Butter muffins by Becky Mansfield are perfect! These muffins are great when you need a healthy snack or a breakfast that will keep the kids full for hours. They are great when we need a snack to give us the energy to make it the rest of the day, too.
These peanut butter banana muffins are the perfect grab and go snack. Plus, these delicious banana muffins only have 106 calories per muffin, making them a really healthy go-to snack or meal.
Ingredients You Need:
You don’t need much to make this this peanut butter banana muffin recipe. This recipe yields six muffins, more or less, depending on how much batter you put into each muffin cup.
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1-2 mashed banana (use ripe bananas)
- ¼ Cup Oatmeal (Uncooked)
- 1 Whole Egg
- ½ Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- Dried Banana Chips
You can substitute almond butter or another nut butter in place of peanut butter. The recipe can be sweetened with a pinch of brown sugar, sugar free stevia, or a teaspoon of maple syrup.
You will not need all purpose flour or baking soda.
How to make the muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, hand- mix all ingredients together except the banana chips. (Mix the peanut butter, mashed banana, oatmeal, egg, 1/2 cups egg white, vanilla protein, and baking powder in a bowl)
- Place muffin liners (muffin cups) in each holder of a 12 count muffin pan and then spray a light coat of a non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin around 2/3 of the way full, until you are out of batter.
- Top each uncooked muffin with a few dried banana chips.
- Place tray on the center rack of the oven and allow to cook for 12 min.
- The tops of the banana chips should be golden brown when they are about done.
- TO check if they are done, you can insert a toothpick in the center. If the toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, it means they are done.
We love these muffins because they are full of rich peanut butter flavor. They can be eaten warm or at room temperature. Whether you enjoy the muffins plain or with melted butter or honey, we think you’ll always want more!
Recipe by Becky Mansfield.
Find original post found HERE.
You may also like
Are you struggling to get your kids to eat them veg? Look no further than Jamie Oliver’s tried and tested cauli recipe. Best of all, …